Building community as a community.
As a volunteer-based organization, we rely on over 190 regular volunteers and countless occasional volunteers including: individuals, businesses, community and church groups, and a variety of professionals.
Our volunteers collect, sort and distribute nearly 2,000,000 pounds of food each year. Volunteers with specific skills fill specialized needs such as teaching or helping with taxes. Companies and their employees have tackled facility maintenance and upgrades. In other cases, groups of students develop leadership skills while taking on service projects. We offer opportunities to provide community service whether through court referral or simply from those just wanting to pay it forward. Projects like preparing Pantry Packs or holding local food drives can be done offsite with advance coordination while others involve hands on assistance during regular pantry hours.
Our volunteers build camaraderie and provide real help to our clients, enriching lives and develop a greater sense of belonging and purpose – it not only takes a village to support our neighbors, it also builds a stronger, more vibrant community along the way.
Seniors, adults, and youth age 14 and up are encouraged to apply. Volunteer opportunities exist for younger children when accompanied by an adult.
- Pantry Teens (summer program for junior and senior high school students)
- Scouts (Boy/Cub; Girl; Brownies)
- Pantry Family Night – for families with young children (Mon evenings)
- Court Ordered Community Service through Probation Officer referral
- Regular/ Occasional
- Individuals/Groups (Church, Civic & School)
- Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
Volunteer Positions Routinely Needed
Typically during client hours unless otherwise posted.
- Food Distribution
- Food Pick-up/Delivery (primarily 7:30 am – 11:00 am)
- Office Help
- Answering Telephones
- Client Check-in
- Community Outreach
- Warehouse Assistant
Individuals wanting to volunteer on a regular basis, please Complete Volunteer Application
Non-routine Service Opportunities
- Host a fundraiser or other volunteer event. Email .
- Food Drives
- Pantry Packs
- Sub-for-Santa for Santas
Instructions and online form for Santas. Email .
- Ideas for Ladies’ Projects
- VITA - Tax Preparation Assistance